So at the beginning of August, I turned the ripe old age of 28 and with that I have decided to write a list of 30 things I hope to have done in the next two years before I hit the big 3-0!
Some of these are just silly things, some are probably very unlikely and will have to go on my 40 things to do before I am 40 list but I’d like to see how many I can actually achieve!
In no particular order…
1. Dye my hair an unnatural colour. Forget shades of brunette and blonde, I am talking something from the rainbow…
…I went with “cyber purple”! Some people weren’t too sure of it at first as in different lights it looks darker/lighter but I really like it! I did consider hot pink but the upkeep would just be too much hassle!
2. Do Go Ape. Not really sure why, I’ve just always wanted to do it!
3. Be a bridesmaid. I honestly believe that I would be the BEST bridesmaid to a bride -ever. I will help organise stuff, make things, give honest opinions about dresses etc., hold the bride’s dress whilst she pees, drive the getaway car… I would be so good at it but so far, I’ve just been the bride! So if anyone out there wants a bridesmaid, just holla!
4. Be an extra in Eastenders. LIFE. LONG. AMBITION.
5. Go on holiday to Cornwall. Every year I say “Oh let’s go on holiday to Cornwall this year” and every year we are lucky if we leave Kent 😂
6. Made a success of my Usborne business. I don’t mean selling thousands upon thousands of books a month (although that would be lovely), but having a nice, steady stream of customers and earning enough from it a month to treat Jack to something!
7. Pay off my car.
8. Have a surprise party. I’ve always wanted one but no one as ever arranged one for me… I’m also really inquisitive (comes from years of watching/reading The Famous Five and Agatha Christie stories) so it would probably be quite hard for my nearest and dearest to arrange one without me picking up on something suspicious!
9. Do one of those Crystal Maze/ Escape room experiences as they look like great fun!
10. Do the Moonwalk again. I’m not talking the dance but the 26mile overnight London walk in aid of breast cancer. I did it for the first time in 2014 and swore I would never do it again but I’ve changed my mind! Last time I did very little training and it took us about 10 hours. Next time I would like to do lots of training and take less time!
11. Learn enough Italian to have a decent conversation with someone.
I’ve always wanted to learn Italian and as it’s similar to French and Spanish which I did at school, I would like to give it a go. I also think it would be good for Jack to learn other languages as he grows up!
12. Refresh my French and Spanish.
13. Move to a bigger house where I can have my own office. And a utility room. And a master bedroom with ensuite that’s big enough to walk around once the bed is in (which ours isn’t!).
14. Have a Radley handbag. I’ve always wanted one but have never been able to afford it!
15. Get our wedding photos printed in a album. It’s been 3 years and they are still all on the computer!
16. Write a really good novel and become a novelist!
17. Do yoga.
18. Learn how to be less anxious about life.
19. Drive a really expensive car (but probably very slowly) round a track. I’m thinking maybe a Lamborghini? I’m not really a car person or a speed freak but I’d like to have a little cruise around in one for a bit and feel cool.
20. Have another baby. Or at least be working towards it!
21. Get rid of all the crap stuff we don’t need in out house (mainly in the loft) and generally have a good declutter! I mean do we really need to keep the box from the Hoover we had three Hoover’s ago “just in case?” #secrethoarder
22. Read most/all of the books I have on my bookcase that I haven’t read yet.
23. Eat at one of those restaurants where you have to eat in the dark and it’s all about the “experience”.
24. Drink a cocktail at an Ice Bar!
25. Travel around Australia. Again, another life long ambition which has yet to be achieved!
26. Go horse riding again. I used to go riding every week or fortnightly from the age of 3 until I was about 12 when it got too expensive but I loved it.
27. Do a zoo keeper experience day and feed penguins!
28. Get a (very small and meaningful) tattoo. Not sure of what or where yet but I’ve always said about having one done.
29. Go to an opera.
30. Join a Latin American and ballroom dance class. I used to do it as a teenager (although as a beginner I was in a class with 6 year olds) and I loved it so I’d like to do it again!